Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Pics and Honeymoon Update!

Update #2:
So it's been a little bit longer than I said I would put up our engagement photoshoot pics. OK, like a week later rather than the 2 days I mentioned. But here they are now, a random sampling.



I really like the ones near the white picket fence. hehe. You can see the version we like the best in our profile, to the right of this post.


















We took a few near the river which was really fun, with a different outfit. We ended up liking the other outfits better, but these are still good options.
















































As for the honeymoon, Greg paid the deposit so our cruise to the Mexican Riviera is booked! So it seems a lot happened last week toward the final end product of our wedding, as a whole. Also, we faxed over the contract for the new company who's doing our wedding at our site, so we are officially under their policies. (We sent in an earlier contract for the same site before it was taken over by another organization.)

Just gotta finalize the guest list now and figure out who to invite to keep the numbers down but still include everyone we want to see there next May.

As per my new tradition, here's a few things I am thankful for right now:

1. Classical music. It seems I'm getting back into it after taking a month off (!!), post-Master's degree. I decided to do so because of the insane amount of practice and playing I had to do in the few months leading up to the end of my school term before I arrived home in the States, and my wrist was hurting for a few months and I was concerned about my general playing health. I now need to get my chops (lips) back into shape to continue and pursue my new goals, like the joint recital Greg and I have planning for the fall back in our hometown. Also, been listening to music either live or on my iTunes, and trying to educate myself more about composers and pieces I should know...that's always a worthwhile venture that I love doing.

2. Veggies. I have been trying to eat healthier, and realize the many ways I can incorporate them into my daily diet, although I've been splurging with late night pasta dinners and chocolate bars for dessert, filling myself till I think I'm going to burst! But I love eating, and have been enjoying new foods this summer, so I think I'm getting more fiber and vitamins, etc.

3. The clothes dryer. Seriously, after living for a year without one, and drying clothes on the radiators on the wall, I really am glad to have one at my disposal now, as my clothes are soft and (mostly) wrinkle-free and I don't have to iron my jeans or socks. :P

4. Being able to live on a budget. I have really been trying not to spend any money unless necessary (groceries, etc.), as I try to make a sandwich everyday and not buy anything other than a drink to go with my home-made lunch at work. In this way, I am not spending much money at all and once I get my first paycheck at my new job, I will hopefully see it stay in savings for a rainier day.

Ok, that's it for now!

1 comment:

Alyson Lumley said...

who irons their socks?! weirdo. haha