Thursday, February 14, 2008

As Good A Time As Any...

For my first post, I thought it appropriate to share my Valentine's day gift to Greg. I ended up making a Powerpoint slide (I know, a bit cheesy, but it's all I had to work with being so far away now), titled "12 Reasons Why I Love You", with each slide being a reason and including a picture that corresponds to that reason from some point in our relationship, even as far back as 2005. I ended with a lengthy, wordy bit gushing my feelings for my fiance, as best as I could put it into words (although I'm not as good as he is at this), and spoke of my excitement for our future together. Being 6,000 miles away now doing my Master's degree, things get put into perspective - how much he means to me, how our future together doesn't hinge on finances, jobs, where we will be, all that matters is that we are together in a world we create for ourselves.

Here are some of the photos I included:


The reason for this was one that he makes me feel proud of myself in a sometimes tough world. Now that is an excellent effect someone can have on you, and one that will make you not only love them, but more importantly, love the person you are with them.



I included this next one as an example of how he is constantly putting me first. And he shows me that through his actions, which is a greater example of love than words sometimes. I love it when he does cute little things to surprise me like this, and this is only one of many. (V-Day 2006)



Well, that's all I have the patience for right now, as the formatting isn't what I would like, but can't figure it out better than what I currently have. So there you go, a few reasons why I love Greg. Our future life together is built on all these.

No comments: