Saturday, June 14, 2008

Wedding Planning Begins!

Less than two weeks away to returning to the US from my master's degree, I'm beginning to really start thinking about our upcoming wedding. It's less than 11 months away now (!) and I realize how much I have to do. This is complicated by the fact that we won't be home during the summer, and by the time we return, it will be 8-9 months away from the wedding, and you really should start making plans and deposits a year in advance (eeekk!)

Anyways, I thought it would be a good idea to get down in writing the ideas I'm having for the wedding. I'm usually so indecisive, so putting these thoughts down might help implant a more solid image in my mind of what the wedding will be like, so that future planning decisions might come easier...hehe. So here they are:

1. First and foremost, colors!
pink green brown and white
(although the colors on here aren't exactly the shades I was thinking....)

2. Flowers


Roses, of course...so beautiful! I'm thinking white bridal boquet and mixed colored roses and hydrangeas for bridesmaids.


I love hydrangeas!! so definitely LOTS of those (also thinking of table centerpieces)

3. Dress/Accessories

  • strapless
  • some lace (maybe all, if it's not too busy-looking), beading
  • chapel train
  • veil
  • hair all down/half
  • long earrings (chandelier), no necklace
  • colored shoes (maybe, a fun idea I think!)
  • an obvious waist line (near empire line perhaps, and maybe a sash)
Here's an option (not necessarily the one I want):

4. Cake

I thought something simple would be nice - a tiered 3 or 4 layer round cake, probably in buttercream with colors and flowers that are similar to the flowers in the ceremony...roses and hydrangeas. Also our monogram would be nice as either a topper (silver letters) or on the front middle layer of the cake. And also surrounded by candles and petals!!
Maybe something like this...


So that's it for now. I think I'm on a track that I like. They say to have some words in mind to help design your wedding style. These for me would most likely be "elegant", "dream-like", "beautiful", "classic", "country/simple/personal" (if you know what I mean, couldn't really put it into words!)

2 comments:

Laura said...

hydrangeas are great! I think they're so pretty and they come in a lot of colors don't they?
and colored shoes would be a great idea. I can't remember where it was but this bride had light blue shoes (her something blue).
are you having eagle ridge do the catering? my parents ate there recently for the first time. they said the view is really amazing. :)
hope all is going well! :) good luck with all the rest of your plans.

Ravi the Lurker said...

What nice ideas!

I'd say "summer country wedding"

Hope all of the planning is going well!